This week's Menu Planning

As we are in the midst of our busiest time of year at our house, meal planning and prep is even more vital to my sanity than normal. This week, in particular, is cuckoo bananas crazy, and the last thing I want to do is not be prepared and end up eating crappy food. Even though we have less time than usual, eating good food  shouldn't fall by the wayside, because then we all feel gross and we don't have the energy that we need to get through the week. A couple of things are pre-made, which makes it easier, but most of this is made from scratch. I'm pretty selective about the things that I will eat pre-made;  what I didn't make is still high quality food.  And I always do my planning BEFORE my grocery shopping to ensure that I have everything I need. So here is my meal plan and prep steps for the week.

Monday: Chili with corn muffins and cilantro butter * the chili was in the freezer, so all I had to do was thaw it out

Tuesday: Pork Schnitzel and asparagus

Wednesday: Lasagna *Use the ready to bake noodles! Saves a step and I love them!

Thursday: Mediterranean Chicken with broccoli and mushrooms

Friday: Ravioli with brown butter sauce *Lobster ravioli from Costco, just cook and serve


Meal Prep done on Monday, about 1 1/2 hours time total

1. Mix and bake corn muffins at 400 degrees.  While they bake (10-12 mins) I made cilantro butter with herb from my garden.


2. Cilantro butter: 2 sticks of softened butter and 1/2 cup fresh cilantro. Mix well in food processor, roll in parchment paper and put in the freezer. When really firm, slice into individual round servings.

3. Adjust temp on oven to 375 for lasagna. Brown the ground beef, add marinara sauce ( I had homemade, but store bought is fine if you like! Rao's brand is DELICIOUS.) and fresh basil.


4. Build the lasagna in layers and cover with foil. Bake 45 mins, then let cool. Will bake uncovered on Lasagna day to brown and melt the cheese.


5. While lasagna bakes, diced the chicken and put in container in fridge.
6. Pounded out the pork into thin cutlets for schnitzel. Put in container in fridge.

So now here is what I'll need to do each night to get dinner on the table:

Monday: Heat up the chili, put butter on muffins. 10 mins

Tuesday: Bread the schnitzel, fry. Sautee asparagus. 20 mins

Wednesday: Bake lasagna for 25 mins. Serve with mixed green salad.

Thursday: Toss chicken with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Sautee with broccoli and mushrooms. 20 mins.

Friday: Boil ravioli, make brown butter sauce. 20 mins.

Well there it is.  I spend a little time today getting ready to feed a hungry, busy family for this entire week!


Comments

Popular Posts