For the teachers...



Dear Teachers,

I am so very honored to count many teachers as my friends. Childhood friends, college friends, those who have taught my children. My mother is a pre-school teacher and one of the finest I've ever known. I went to Longwood, which is a teacher's college, so I was surrounded by amazing people following the path of educators. And to all of them I say "Thank You."

Thank you for being among the first ones in this pandemic to step up and make changes.
Thank you for re-writing entire curriculums to become suitable for at home or online learning.
Thank you for hosting drive by parades in neighborhoods to celebrate your students.
Thank you for delivering personal notes to your students.
Thank you (and God Bless You) for doing Zoom meetings with elementary school children.
Thank you for sending fun, silly and enriching activities for them to do at home instead of just schoolwork.
Thank you for knowing that some students just aren't cut out for online instruction and making adjustments for them.
Thank you for wanting them to continue learning.
Thank you for knowing that learning comes in all shapes and sizes.
Thank you for doing online art tutorials, story time and P.E. demos.
Thank you for touching base with parents and reassuring us.
Thank you for dedicating your life to your students and to our youth in general.

Words can't express the love that I have for teachers. Even as a college student, I would go back to my elementary school and visit my past teachers. I adore them. The teachers that my children have had at Holton Elementary have been life changing for them. I have never known people more loving, passionate and dedicated to what they do. That school was our home for 6 years and we still feel the love from that family even though we have moved on to a new school. The love for our All Saints family grows stronger every day and I am so very thankful that we are there, surrounded by fantastic, hard working and supportive educators. I count us as very lucky that our school experiences have been so wonderful. And that is in large part due to educators.

So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and keep fighting the good fight.

Comments

Popular Posts