Breakfast Scones

Typically I am more of a savory breakfast person, but once in a while I want something sweet to go with my coffee. This morning I decided to try my hand at a new pastry for me: scones. I've never made them before, but knew that it was basically the same recipe as biscuits, so after some research I gave it a whirl.

I found a really simple recipe that was easy to follow:
 http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-sweet-scones-66409



Dry and wet ingredients mixed separately and then incorporated together into a loose dough.
Once the dough was together, I cut it into triangles and spaced them out on the cookie sheet.



As soon as they came out of the oven, I sprinkled them with a mix of cinnamon and sugar.
Basically, they are sweet biscuits and they are delicious! 
Start to finish, the whole process only took about 20 minutes- can't ask for an easier sweet treat.

Comments

Popular Posts