This week's meal planning and menu...

This week the kids get out of camp at 4:00 and as experience tells me, they will be starving when I pick them up, as though they haven't eaten in a year. So I spent time this morning getting prepped for the week.

MENU:

MONDAY- Pork schnitzel, mashed potatoes and broccoli
TUESDAY- Grilled mahi mahi and caesar salad
WEDNESDAY- Bucatini pasta with meatballs and marinara
THURSDAY- Chicken tostadas
FRIDAY- Kids' choice

TODAY'S PREP:

*Pound the pork into thin cutlets
*Dice chicken breasts into small cubes
*Make meatballs
*Thaw the mahi
*Peel and chop the potatoes
*Chop the broccoli
*Toast leftover hot dog rolls to make them into croutons
*Make caesar dressing

EXTRA STUFF:
*Make refrigerator pickles- I picked 12 pickles off the vine today!
*Prep salads in individual containers for lunch

Now each night I just need to pull the prepped ingredients from the fridge and cook them. Each meal will take less than 30 minutes to cook so I won't have a rebellion on my hands. *Kids' choice for Friday takes the pressure off; Mama doesn't cook on Fridays!

Comments

Popular Posts