Tired of the bullshit

Ohhh chile, tired of the bullshit!
Lizzo has been in heavy rotation for me these days, and this line has really resonated with me this week. I've never really been one to take bullshit, but I've found that since I've been in my forties and MOST ESPECIALLY since I turned 45, I have zero tolerance for it. And, for a multitude of reasons, this week I have declared war on bullshit. I just physically cannot take it anymore. Let me explain.

*I'm on my period, and it is a particularly bad one.
*I've been super stressed about work.
*I've been super stressed about my kids.
*I was talked down to a couple of times by men.
*I am witnessing friends going through some really tough times

So a revelation came to me this week. It's a thought I've had before, but this time it hit me forcefully:
If other people don't mind telling me how they feel, saying whatever the hell they want, then why the hell shouldn't I do the same?

I've kind of taken it on as my responsibility really, to let people know when they are saying things that I'm not down with. More than just the big things, like homophobic comments or racist jokes, but the little things, the microagressions. I'm done. Ima call you out.

Baby how you feelin? Feelin good as hell!!!


Comments

Popular Posts