Drankin & Bakin: Margaritas, juice boxes and vanilla cake

Sooooo one of the reasons I started baking was as a stress reliever. Boy did I need it today! Without going into the gory details, suffice it to say that I have a really hard time dealing with sanctimonious bullshit and I was super prone to an emotional response to said bullshit today. Thus, margaritas and vanilla cake please.
Stella wanted to join in this episode, so we also added juice boxes.

My tequila of choice is Espolon, with a simple organic margarita mix.
Stella's juicebox of choice is Apple & Eve Organics.


I had so much fun with my mini cake pans the other day that I decided to use them again. One tiny cake for each of the kids and one mini double-layer cake for Russell and I. The recipe is as follows:

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temp
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour cake pans.
Whisk together the dry ingredients while the butter and sugar are being creamed together in the mixer.
Add the eggs and beat till well combined, then add the dry ingredients slowly until they just come together. 
Finally, add the milk and vanilla and blend on low speed. 
Divide between pans; if you're using the standard two cake pans, bake for 32-35 minutes.
If you are using mini cake pans, use four of them and bake for 20 minutes. 
Cook on wire rack until completely cool and top with favorite icing.



By my second drank I was feeling much better. And now I'm about to dig into that cake, so all is well again.




Comments

Popular Posts