Get excited!!!

Welcome to the new blog!

I am so excited to get started on this new project. I have tons of ideas tumbling around in my head and I've been needing this outlet for a while now. Those of you who know me personally know my love for cooking, baking, home decor, hair styling, traveling with my family and basically all things homemaker oriented. Except sewing. I can barely sew a button on a shirt, so that ain't happening.

I strongly believe that the "Pinterest Mom" has been maligned! There is nothing wrong with doing the things that bring you joy. I may be domestically oriented, but I am far from traditional. Sorry June Cleaver, this feminist likes to spice things up ;) My plan is to change up the topics for each blog post, but they will generally fall into some basic categories:

Cooking
Drankin & Bakin
Decor
Craft Projects
Party Planning
Organization
Kid stuff

I love each of these categories, and I love to put my own spin on things. I do not wear pearls. I curse. A lot. I have *quite a few* tattoos. I have been in bar fights. I am also a proud alum of my sorority. I have undergrad and graduate degrees. I have been a farm hand, a psychologist, a waitress, a doula. Now I own my salon, have two children, am a PTA Board member and spend a lot of time volunteering at our elementary school. Every part of my past has contributed to who I am today and I am proud of all of it.

I adore, simply ADORE, making our house into a home. I hope that my expression of these interests is enjoyable to those of you who follow this. My first "real" post will be coming ASAP; after all, the holiday season is upon us and it doesn't get much more domestic than that!


xoxo
chas

Comments

  1. Whew hoo! Super excited to keep up with your new venture!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts