Espresso brownies and Coffee Ale

Normally I only drink one cup of coffee each morning, but sometimes I'll get on a kick where I just can't get enough of it. This weekend was one of those times. So when deciding what to Drank & Bake today, I went with espresso brownies and delicious coffee beer: perfect combo! And not just any brownies and coffee beer...fudgey, gooey brownies and Alewerks Coffeehouse beer. I've baked my fair share of brownies over the years, but I have to say these are, without a doubt, my favorite. But first:


Crack open one of these.




Then Start with:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 large eggs
and combine until smooth, then set aside


Next, in a double boiler set up, melt
2 sticks of butter
8 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
and blend until smooth

When the chocolate mixture is smooth and blended, add it to the sugar mixture.
Then fold in
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder

Spread the batter into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper and coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


And what you get is perfect, chocolatey, decadent goodness that will taste great with your second beer.

Happy baking!!



Comments

Popular Posts