Valentine's Meal Kit

My favorite grocery store is a local, neighborhood place called Little House Green Grocery. If you are in RVA and haven't been, go now. The cutest little space, full of local goodies like handmade chocolates, fresh bread, gorgeous produce, local organic meats and amazing artisan goods. The owner Erin and all of her staff are so knowledgeable and helpful that it is always a pleasure just to go in and browse. I am a firm believer in shopping locally, especially in regards to food. So imagine my delight when I found out that they were selling Valentine's Day Meal Kits, complete with all the ingredients, recipes, wine and dessert!! We have family plans for tomorrow night, so I ordered ours for tonight so Russell and I could cook dinner together.


This was super easy to follow and the ingredients were fresh and beautiful. I mean, who doesn't like a steak dinner with baked potato and salad?? Not to mention the extras, like homemade chocolate bark and yummy wine...
By the way, the spice rub from Hummingbird farms was absolutely to die for and I am so glad the portion was large enough for there to be leftovers so that I can use it in future recipes. Chili flakes and rose salt? Um, yes please!

Directions were simple:
Marinate the steaks in the oil, vinegar and spice rub.
Coat the potatoes in oil and a sprinkle of salt, bake.
Oven roast the steaks (but I did sear mine in the cast iron skillet and THEN finished them in the oven for a good crust)
Finish the potatoes with garlic herb butter.
Top the salad with the dijon dressing.
Done!


This meal was easy and delicious. The wine was outstanding and is pairing really nicely with the chocolate bark as I type :) I have been a fan of Little House since I first ventured in and I will absolutely continue to support them, especially as they turn out fun events and inspired concepts for our neighborhood.










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts