Beautiful

Our society says it is romantic when a man tells a woman she doesn't know she's beautiful.
That not recognizing her beauty makes her even MORE desirable.
That soft spoken, timid beauty is to be sought after.
She should be humble and modest and gracious when a man enlightens her to her own beauty.
I say no.
Why is it wrong  for me to know I am beautiful?
Why is that conceit and not confidence?
Why am I supposed to know my own worth but not add beauty to that value?
I say fuck that.
When I say I am beautiful, know​ that is a declaration years in the making.
When I say I am beautiful know that I believe it.
When I say that I am beautiful know that beauty radiating from me is not all that I am, but it is a part I fully acknowledge.
When I say that I am beautiful, know that I have set my own standards. I do not need yours.
I say rise up sisters
I say learn and own your beauty.
You don't have to have it acknowledged by someone else before you know it.
Self assurance is not arrogance.
"You don't know you're beautiful"
The fuck I don't.

Comments

Popular Posts