Wildtree Freezer Meals: Part 1

My lovely friend Angie is a pro at family meal planning. She is a consultant for a company called Wildtree and I've been dying to try out her services for a while now. I will be documenting the whole experience through this blog to help spread the word!
You can follow Angie at mealplanningmama.com

My kit arrived Friday and I already had a grocery list of the fresh ingredients I needed to buy to prepare the meals. I chose the Around the World kit because it had a good mix of Mexican and Asian inspired meals, which are big hits with my family.

Recipes, directions and prep lists


All the spices, sauces and extras to add to the meals

I spent roughly the same amount at the grocery store that I would for a normal week for our family and the directions would make 10 different freezer meals. So value wise, it is totally a win. The directions could not be any easier to follow and the condiments and sauces are really, really tasty. I will absolutely be using the leftovers in other recipes. 

Each recipe is focused on a specific protein, but you can easily change that protein to your own taste. For example, there is a fajita chili recipe that calls for beef, but I had some pork belly at home so I used that instead. You put the protein in a freezer bag, add the fresh veggies and extras, and voila! Meal is ready to go in the freezer and be used whenever you want. The coolest thing to me is that the kit comes with sticker labels for the bags that not only tell you what's in it, but how to prepare it. Seriously, this stuff is dummy proof!


6 meals, ready to go in about one hour! Efficient! 

The meals I prepared today are:
*Hungarian goulash (beef)
*Fajita chili (pork belly)
*Asian flank steak 
*Asian fusion chicken
*Fajita pulled pork
*Italian crusted pork chops

I wanted to start with flavors that are familiar to my family, but there are tons of options for different kits with different meals. We will be having our first meal tomorrow ( I didn't freeze that one, just letting it marinate in the fridge) and I will report back! For now, I am very happy with the beginning of this experience!

Thanks, Meal Planning Mama!



Comments

Popular Posts