Wildtree Freezer Meals: Part Two

For those of you following along, you know that we are giving the Wildtree Freezer meal service a try. http://mealplanningmama.com/

The first part of this post was about the process of prepping about 10 meals to store in the freezer, to be used whenever we wanted. I was really pleased with how easy the prep was- practically dummy proof!

Now we are actually eating the meals we prepped, so I wanted to give you all an update on how that is going.

First up was Hungarian Goulash, made with beef, onions and spices, served over egg noodles. It reminded me off a stroganoff, with a thick, yummy gravy. This one was cooked in the crock pot for 8 hours- a set it and forget it meal. I love those. All I had to do when I got home from work that day was cook egg noodles. We all enjoyed the flavor of the gravy, but the meat was a little tough. I think that was due to the type of stew meat I bought as opposed to the meal kit itself. I think the meat was too lean, so it got tough. Needed more fat!! (Sorry, I forgot to get a pic of that one)

Next up, Asian Flank Steak.
Holy cow, this was delicious!! Flank steak is one of my favorite cuts of meat because it is so versatile and easy peasy to cook. This marinade had sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and tons of other Asian flavors. It was perfectly seasoned. I served it with rice and asparagus and we had leftovers for another meal.


Beautiful rare/mid rare


Next day tostadas! 

For leftovers I chopped the steak and made tostadas. I know, this may seem weird since the steak was Asian inspired, but I find that Asian flavors work well with Mexican cuisine. FUSION!!!

This freezer meal was a total hit. Everyone loved it and I will totally put it in our regular rotation. Thank goodness I have some of the seasonings left!

Next up will be the Fajita Chili, which I am dying to try.

I'll keep you posted!!

Comments

Popular Posts