I am a makeup girl


I was not a makeup girl most of my life. In fact, it wasn't until I started working in a salon that I actually started wearing makeup on a regular basis. But working in the beauty industry opened my eyes to a whole new world of color and fun! In fact, I loved it so much that I actually started doing makeup for clients in the salon and on-site for special occasions. I really enjoyed experimenting and pushing the envelope: red blush as eyeshadow, smoky eye, crazy eyeliner- I wore it all. Then, all of a sudden, the unexpected happened: I developed skin allergies to any makeup that wasn't "natural". I tried so many different kinds and the results were always the same: swollen eyes, red patches all over my face. The only exception was lipstick; fortunately I could still wear any brand of lipstick and not have a reaction. I had no choice but to go makeup free on my face for  a while and then ease into natural, organic products. Which was fine, but most "natural" lines don't have a lot of pigment in them, which meant I could only do really soft, subtle looks. Um, not really my thing. Don't get me wrong, those looks are beautiful, but I really missed being able to do more adventurous looks. I fully support the more natural girls who don't want to/don't know how/don't have time/hate the feeling of makeup. No judgement here at all!! But damn, I sure do love to it, so I have missed it. Sigh.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago when a friend was wearing a lipstick that I was obsessed with. It was a Kat VonD brand lipstick and I just had to have it. I did my research and discovered that her makeup was vegan and thereby (although it isn't always the case)  on the more natural side as far as ingredients go. Sooooo I ordered two lipsticks and branched out into a liquid eyeliner. She has a liquid eyeliner line called Ink Liner that claimed to be smudge proof, water proof and long lasting. In about 15 different colors. Oh my goodness, it had been so long since I'd been able to do a proper winged cat-eye look, I had to try it. And let me assure you I was not disappointed!!! First of all, the lipsticks were amazing! Long lasting, deeply pigmented, easy to apply and gorgeous. Total win. Second, the Ink Liner Did.Not.Move. once it was put on. I mean, I took a nap one day and when I woke up it was still PERFECT. It glides on like butter, dries instantly and does NOT transfer onto my eyelids at all. I am in love. Since then I have upgraded all of my makeup. I have four of the eyeliners and 5 of the lipsticks. (I have a slight addiction to lipstick) I have a smokey eyeshadow pallet and am currently waiting on a shipment of mascara, another eyeliner and a pastel eyeshadow pallet. I feel like I am in my element again!!! Gorgeous color, fully pigmented, long lasting makeup that is made with natural ingredients and doesn't make my face freak out after 6 LONG YEARS!!! AHHHHH!!! Be prepared for lots of makeup pics, because I am seriously happy about this.



Studded Kiss Lipsticks

 Studded Kiss lipsticks in Nayeon, Hellbent, Wonderchilde, Motorhead, Hexagram, Vampira
Shadow & Light pallet, Ink liners in Dali, Neruda, Nerdrum, Trooper

Comments

Popular Posts